Wednesday, April 27, 2005

OD-ing on nostalgia...again

I`m resigned to my fate. My life will forever be intertwined with "Beverly Hills, 90210." I remember watching the first episode back in 4th grade and have been haunted by re-runs ever since. The college and post-college years are lame and not worth considering. The high school years are just kickass. As a hardcore "My so-called-lifer" I recognize that not all high school experiences: 1. include such beautiful people, 2. contain such good lighting, 3. and are interjected with such hip music (anyone remember Jeremy Jordan?). Which is why I throw myself into marathons of Claire Danes` grungy angst with an almost religious fervor. However, sometimes you just want to be entertained. In English.

Speaking of the glorious early 90`s. Jarvis Cocker just sauntered into my life with a voice that at least eight other dudes share on my I-Pod. No worries, who knew that singing about distinct economic classes would get me humming along in public places. Don`t even get me started on The Pogues --another decade, another nostalgia trip.

4 Comments:

Blogger reckless said...

i personally think this blog would be better if it had some more scandalous bikini photos.

to better demonstrate the cultural legacy of chile, as expressed through westernized notions of breasts, of course.

love
nilay.

ps. doris, say hello to ryan's blog. word.

11 May, 2005 11:08  
Blogger reckless said...

oh, and what the fuck, lady? why the hate for the college years? i loved you and now you throw me away like so many episodes of road rules/real world adventures or whatever. i see how it is.

you are just angry because you never got to get down with will 'the dong' long

11 May, 2005 11:13  
Blogger reg said...

do you get soap net in chile? they play old school 90210 episodes daily.

13 May, 2005 10:11  
Blogger killerbravs said...

another reason why the british are cooler... brandon walsh´s wedding makes headlines at www.hellomagazine.com. brando is starting to look shockingly like my brother.

ps regina--unfortunately "soap net" hasn`t made it to Chile but ì`m counting the days because it sounds uber-fabulous!

17 May, 2005 13:07  

Post a Comment

<< Home