Thursday, March 16, 2006

Dating a reformed hipster (RH)

With the help of Patrick (a RH), I've reconnected with my most favorite aspect of American culture. The life-force that will one day call me back so loudly and hardly, I'll fly the plane back myself. Witty, subversive, and snarky commentary about pop culture.

All of my life I've been fidgety. I've never left my bedroom without portable music (physical or the sounds in my head). At one point I subscribed to five magazines and would buy at least two on a weekly basis. I can watch an episode of "I Love the 80's" on VH-1 at least 5 times before it gets old. One of the highlights of grad school was when MTV brought together "The Real World" and "Road Rules" in a wry yet completely endearing spectacle. I read the label of my saltshaker while I boil eggs. I always knew I had an inexhaustible capacity and need for information. But today I was able, with the help of the good people at Vice, to name my poison.


I'm a culture junkie, whose life has been greatly touched by American Airlines' in-flight magazine.

1 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

happy shared birthday!

11 April, 2006 15:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home